Frostop® is a name that at its zenith was most familiar to millions of thirsty Americans. In 1926, Mr. L. S. Harvey opened his first Frostop® Root Beer stand in Springfield, Ohio. It was so successful that word quickly spread about his operation and its delicious, creamy root beer.
Soon, Frostop® stands spread throughout the nation until the onset of World War II. During the war, expansion was curtailed due to shortages of building materials and equipment, as well as the flavors and sweetening agents so necessary in the manufacture of Frostop® Root Beer.
After the war, Mr. Harvey, who was convinced that Frostop® was the finest root beer ever made, resumed expansion of the chain. Under new aggressive ownership in the 1950s, Frostop® experienced tremendous growth during the post war boom years of the drive-in era. The signature brown and yellow, neon lit stands, with their gigantic, revolving root beer mug on top, dotted the countryside and became a favorite place to rest and enjoy an icy cold frosted mug of Frostop®.Information courtesy of http://www.frostop.com/.